About Barnabas Children's Ministry
Barnabas Children's Ministry is one of the core ministries of BRF. As part of this ministry, we provide a growing range of resources for parents, teachers and others who work with children up to the age of 11.
Alongside our Books and Resources, we have a professional and experienced Barnabas Children's Ministry Team ready to help you in practical ways as you seek to bring the Bible to life with children and families.
There are three aspects to Barnabas Children's Ministry:
...resourcing churches, children and families to explore the Bible and grow in faith
Our aim is both to help you nurture the faith and worship of those children already linked to your church or school, and to work with you in appropriate mission initiatives to reach new children and their families. We do this through:
- working directly with churches to help them develop their children's ministry teams;
- speaking and leading workshops at regional and national events (e.g. Christian Resources Exhibitions, Children's Ministry Conference, National Children's Adviser Conference, Keswick Convention);
- leading training days for children's leaders and quiet days for teachers;
- plus a wide range of books and resources for children's leaders and a website www.barnabasinchurches.org.uk packed with free, downloadable ideas and articles and information
...exploring Christianity creatively
- working with primary schools throughout the UK, leading creative arts-based Barnabas RE Days which explore big themes (Who Am I? Whose World? Who is my Neighbour? It's not fair! What's so special about the Bible? and - new for 2012 - Who Comes First?) through story-telling and the creative arts, using Bible stories as the starting point;
- leading specialist RE-related Barnabas In-Service Training (INSET) sessions for teachers;
- plus a range of books and resources for assembly, collective worship, drama and Christian festivals and a website www.barnabasinschools.org.uk which offers assembly ideas and lesson plans to download and use free of charge
...resourcing children and families to explore Christianity and grow in faith
Faith in Homes is also part of our Barnabas Children's Ministry, looking at how we can resource, enable and equip families to explore the Christian faith at home.